Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
For you Cubs fans...."Beef Medallions in Beer Sauce" is from the cookbook Harry helped promote called "Now You're Cookin' with Bud". This was a favorite dish of Harry's and will be offered at his restaurant.
- 8 beef medallions
- 946.0 ml beef stock
- 1 bunch green onion, diced
- 4.92 ml fresh garlic, minced
- 453.59 g Budweiser beer
- 226.79 g sliced mushrooms
- 236.59 ml fresh tomato, diced
- Saute medallions to rare.
- Add 6 ounces of Budweiser, lower to medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, green onions and garlic and saute until tender.
- Add beef stock and tomatoes, cook to preferred temperature.
- Add remaining 10 ounces of Budweiser and lightly thicken with a roux.
- Chabear01 recipe #65521 is a good basic roux recipe the extra can be frozen.