Why not get your own little helpers to shape the meatballs for this really tasty meal loved by all ages! A cheap and easy mid week meal all the family will love.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 2 teaspoons marjoram
- 1 tablespoon pitted black olives, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 pint prepared gravy or 1 pint hot beef stock
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly or 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 4 tablespoons double cream or 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 12 ounces tagliatelle pasta noodles (fresh or dried)
- freshly chopped sage leaf (to garnish)
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the meat, seasoning, herbs and olives and shape into 12 meatballs.
- 2Heat the oil in a large non stick pan and cook the meatballs in batches for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked and any juices run clear.
- 3Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- 4Remove the meatballs and keep warm.
- 5Leave about 5ml of oil in the pan, add the gravy or stock and stir in redcurrant jelly or cranberry sauce.
- 6Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and stir in the cream or creme fraiche, reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes before returning the meat balls to the pan.
- 7Serve the meatballs with the pasta and garnish with the sage leaves.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Meatballs With Redcurrant Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 818.0
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 167.5 mg
- Sodium 2449.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 40.3 g