Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a great addition to spaghetti! The have the best mix of spices and meat that I've found yet!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup pork rind
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Shape mixture into balls about 1 1/2".
- Place on broiler pan that is coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until done.
Since trying this meatball recipe, I have retired my grandmothers that I've been using for 30 years. Sorry Grandma but Susan P's meatballs are delicious and easy to make.
This is my second review of these meatballs. I doubled the recipe and used 1 pound the day I made them and we didn't like them much, they seemed to lack flavour and moisture. After freezing, defrosting and simming in sauce for 30 minutes, they were delicious. Will definately make them again. Next time I'll use milk instead of tomato sauce so they can be used with sweet and sour or white sauces as well as red.
Very good and easy meatballs. I especially liked it that they are baked in the oven. I used fresh herbs from the garden instead of Italian seasoning and doubled the garlic...a big hit!