Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The owners of our favorite Thai restaurant decided to return to Bangkok, Before she left she very kindly shared her recipes with me.
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 4 ounces coconut milk (1/3 12oz can)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces sirloin, sliced thinly
- 1 potato, peeled, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Put all ingredients together in a saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes.
I thought this was terrible. No real flavour and too few authentic Thai ingredients. It was very easy but next time I'll go with something less simple with better promise.
I made this the other night for my family and they loved it! I did make a couple changes... I used crunchy peanut butter (no chopped peanuts on hand), lite coconut milk, added some sliced carrots, and finished it with some chopped cilantro. I'll be making this recipe again, it's very quick and easy!