Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was taken from "Everyday with Rachael Ray" magazine.
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 907.18 g baking potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 236.59 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml chopped flat leaf parsley
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 4 large red bell peppers or 4 large green bell peppers, caps removed and reserved, seeds and white membranes discarded
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and two thirds of the garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring to break up the beef, for about 5 minutes, or until browned; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mashed potatoes with 1/2 cup Parmesan and the parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the remaining one third of the garlic and the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Stand the bell peppers upright in a baking dish. Stuff each pepper with one quarter of the potato mixture, then one quarter of the meat mixture. Top the stuffed peppers with the garlicky bread crumbs and the bell pepper caps, and drizzle with olive oil. Roast the stuffed peppers until tender, about 30 minutes.
This was delightful!! Very flavorful dish. I made it about a month ago and my husband said these stuffed peppers are much better than your old recipe...lol So I'm making them again tonight. This is goign to be my new go to stuffed pepper recipe. THank you so much for posting this!!