Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This classic comfort food sandwich is made easy with prepared gravy and deli meat. Try with my perfect everytime mashed potatoes
- 2 lbs deli roast beef
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 4 cups beef gravy
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat meat and gravy in a saucepan.
- heat mashed potatoes in microwave.
- In a skillet caramelize onion with butter, sugar and vinegar til dark brown and soft.
- stack meat and mashed potatoes and onions and cheese on a roll leaving top off.
- put under broiler 1 minute.