Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Australian BH&G Diabetic Living issue 12 2007. Do not include resting time for beef.
- 300 g beef sirloin (trimmed of excess fat)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 mangoes
- 80 g salad leaves (mixed)
- 2 pears (peeled, cored and thinly sliced)
- 80 ml fat-free caesar salad dressing (specified low fat 1/3 cup)
- Sprinkle both sides of the steak with the pepper.
- Preheat an oven grill (broiler) on medium.
- Cook steak for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer to plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Cut the cheeks from either side of the 2 mango stones and cut the remaining flesh from around the stones.
- Peel the cheeks and then slice the flesh into thin strips.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain.
- Arrange the salad leaves on a serving plate and top with the steak, mango and pear.
- Drizzle over the salad dressing and sprinkle with pepper.
This salad was delicious, absolutely delicious. It was light, refreshing, flavorful and very satisfying. I enjoyed the flavors and textures, the fruits, lettuce, beef and dressing complimented each other perfectly, creating a very tasty treat. Thank you so much for sharing the best salad that I have tried on this site.
wow this was superb. I am cooking up some more to have 2nds and 3rds. Healthy but delicious. Used low fat blue cheese dressing