Recipe by I'mPat
From the Australian BH&G Diabetic Living issue 12 2007. Do not include resting time for beef.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This salad was delicious, absolutely delicious. It was light, refreshing, flavorful and very satisfying. I enjoyed the flavors and textures, the fruits, lettuce, beef and dressing complimented each other perfectly, creating a very tasty treat. Thank you so much for sharing the best salad that I have tried on this site.
- 300 g beef sirloin (trimmed of excess fat)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 mangoes
- 80 g salad leaves (mixed)
- 2 pears (peeled, cored and thinly sliced)
- 80 ml fat-free caesar salad dressing (specified low fat 1/3 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle both sides of the steak with the pepper.
- Preheat an oven grill (broiler) on medium.
- Cook steak for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer to plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Cut the cheeks from either side of the 2 mango stones and cut the remaining flesh from around the stones.
- Peel the cheeks and then slice the flesh into thin strips.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain.
- Arrange the salad leaves on a serving plate and top with the steak, mango and pear.
- Drizzle over the salad dressing and sprinkle with pepper.