Cook1 hr 30 mins
Found this in my antique (only cuz that's where I bought it) Asian Cookbook...hope you enjoy it! :) This is great served with a side of rice...and veggie of you choice...
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks
- 1⁄4 cup ground coriander
- 6 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, browned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns, creaked
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 -3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock
- Trim the excess fat and sinew from the meat, and cut it into 1 inch cubes/.
- Place the coriander, cumin, mustard seeds, peppercorns, chilli powder, turmeric, slat, garlic and ginger in a small bowl; stir to combine.
- Add the vinegar and mix to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a large pan; add the onion and cook over medium heat until just soft.
- Add the spice paste and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the meat and cook, stirring until it is coated with the spice paste.
- Add the tomato paste and stock.
- Simmer, covered for 1 hour 30 minutes, or until the meat is tender.