1/7 Photos of Beef Machaca
8 hrs 30 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
This great shredded beef dish gets nicely tender from the long cooking and makes a great filling for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and chimis. Cooks easily in your crockpot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoned adobo seasoning (note that this Latino seasoning is made with salt, cumin and garlic and is not the Phillipine versio) or 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 -8 peppercorns
- 1 cup salsa
- 1Place beef in crockpot.
- 2Cover roast with remaining ingredients except salsa.
- 3Cover crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until roast is tender and can be pulled with a fork.
- 4Remove the beef from the crockpot and set the cooking liquid aside.
- 5Using two forks, shred beef.
- 6Mix beef with salsa, and if you like it a little moister, add some of the cooking liquid to the meat.
- 7Adjust the seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- 8Use as a filling for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, chimis, etc.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Machaca
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.6
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 693.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: