- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, medium diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1⁄3 cup red wine or 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups tomato puree or 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes or 1 cup canned tomato, undrained
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth or 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cansboullion and 6 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry ground beef, drain any grease and remove ground beef from pan. Add oil and saute onion and celery until translucent; add wine, tomato puree and fresh tomatoes, and simmer 30 minutes. Add Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook macaroni until tender in boiling water and drain well. Add ground beef, drained macaroni and broth to tomato mixture and simmer until heated through.