Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice change from spaghetti. Easy to fix. I make sauce while macaroni is cooking.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian spices
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. drain and set aside.
- Add oil to large frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté beef, onion, and garlic until beef is browned and onions are limp. Drain excess fat.
- Add tomato sauce, catsup, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and Italian seasonings; bring mixture to a boil.
- Add cooked macaroni and simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until heated through.
This was good but we did not care for the Catsup. So I WILL make again and try using all tomato sauce, or at least a 3:1 ratio.