Recipe by Salt Lake Meal Swapping
Top Review by Tinks599
We make a bigger version of this, with ground pork for our family of 5. We intend to have leftovers, and makes a 'leftover soup'. We just add some chicken stock and some frozen mixed vegetables to it and serve with salad on the side. Soup and salad...great!
- 3 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb ground beef (I'll be using ground venison)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 12 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare: Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, water, ground beef, salt, and pepper; cook 5 minutes.
- Freeze sauce in zip-lock bag (I plan to use 1-gallon bags, I assume it will fit).
- To serve: Thaw sauce.
- Put sauce into pot with uncooked macaroni.
- Cook 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is done.
- If desire, top with Parmesan cheese.