Recipe by CrystalRN
For some reason I am drawn to crunchy recipes! Kid friendly!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this on 4/22/08 for "Spring PAC 2008".I did make a few changes to suit our tastes,and this is what I did.Instead of using cream of mushroom,golden mushroom was used, and instead of using whole tomatoes, diced were used, a mixture of dried red and green peppers were used instead of the chopped green.But overall with the changes that were made, I don't think the outcome of the recipe was affected at all.And I really enjoyed the way the flavors were combined in the finished recipe.Thank you for posting a very good recipe, and "Keep Smiling :)"
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) canfrench fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare macaroni as directed and drain. Brown ground beef, drain.
- Combine all ingredients except for fried onions.
- Pour 1/2 mixture into casserole sprayed with Pam. Add 1/2 can of onions. Add remaining mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Top with remaining onions and bake 5 minutes.