Recipe by Sue Lau
Easy homestyle meal that kids and teenagers absolutely love.
Top Review by Cher Jewhurst
Great recipe! Hubby, who is not a big macaroni hamburger casserole fan, said it was the best he's ever had and that's saying something since I think I've tried them all. This is definitely a keeper and on my regular rotation. Only thing I did differently was use a bit more then a lb of hamburger Xlean and so I used a 14 oz can of tomato sauce as well. Thanks for posting this!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni or 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles until al dente, 8-10 minutes, and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook ground beef with garlic, oregano, basil, onion, green pepper, and salt and pepper until beef is browned, cooked through, and veggies are tender.
- Drain any fat.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce to beef mixture, then simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Mix beef mixture with cooked macaroni and place in a 9x13-inch casserole dish or lasagna pan.
- Top casserole with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.