1/1 Photo of Beef Lover's Dream Sandwich
This is *the* ultimate sandwich for leftover roast beef, I also make this using thinly sliced leftover steak, you may adjust all amounts as desired, the amounts listed should make 6-8 sandwiches depending on the amounts used in the sandwiches --- I suggest to use crusty buns for this, they will hold the sauce better :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 lbs cooked steak or 3 lbs roast beef, sliced thinly
- swiss cheese or provolone cheese, slices
- 6 -8 Italian rolls, sliced in half
- 1In a skillet cook the onions in butter and oil with sugar until soft and caramelized (about 10-15 minutes) season with salt and remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel to drain the fat.
- 2Add in the mushrooms and fresh garlic to the skillet; cook over medium heat until mushrooms begin to just turn brown; transfer to a bowl.
- 3To the same skillet add in the beef broth to deglaze the pan; simmer for 5-6 minutes scraping down any browned bits.
- 4Add in whipping cream, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and mustard, stir for 1-2 minutes over low heat with a wooden spoon.
- 5Then add in the cooked mushrooms and beef slices to the sauce in the skillet; stir to combine.
- 6Divide the steak/sauce mixture on the bread slices.
- 7Top with Swiss cheese, sprinkle with sauteed onions, then top with remaining bread slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Lover's Dream Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.2
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 204.7 mg
- Sodium 853.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 72.8 g