Recipe by ratherbebaking
Great alternative to those packaged store bought beef sticks. Plan ahead takes three days, but worth it.
- 5 lbs ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons whole mustard seeds
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons course ground pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 4 tablespoons tender quick
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate for 72 hours.
- Knead 5 minutes each day.
- Day 3-Make into 4 logs place on cooling rack and place cooling rack on cookie sheet.
- Bake@ 160 for 9 hours (yes, 9), turning after 4 hours.
- When done, blot with paper towels.
- Great served with cheese and crackers.