Recipe by JESMom
Only 6 points! From WW Take Out Tonight. We could live off of this recipe :)
Top Review by AzMama17
I didn't have any beef so I just made the sauce in a pan and added some steamed broccoli and zuchini and a can of water chesnuts. It was yummy and took care of my craving for chinese food.
- 1⁄2 lb lo mein noodles or 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup sake or 1⁄4 cup rice wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3⁄4 lb beef top round steak, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom, sliced
- 3 scallions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package; drain and set aside.
- Combine broth, sake or rice wine, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Swirl in 2 teaspoons of oil, then add the beef. Stir-fry until cooked through, 3-4 minutes; remove from pan.
- In the same skillet add the rest of the oil, then the mushrooms, scallions and garlic. Stir-fry until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the broth mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the mix boils and thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the beef and noodles. Cook, tossing frequently, until heated through, about 1 minute.