Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Wonderful Ways to Prepare Chinese Dishes.
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 cup water
- 4 teaspoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces spaghetti (uncooked) or 8 ounces egg noodles (uncooked)
- 1 lb lean beef or 1 lb elk meat, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for frying)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a bowl, mix together marinade ingredients; marinate the beef in marinade for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients; set aside.
- In a large pan, over high heat, bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil; boil the noodles until tender (5-7 minutes).
- Strain and set aside.
- Saute the onion and garlic in hot oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until the beef is almost cooked through (2-3 minutes).
- Add salt and mix well.
- Add the sauce; cook until the cornstarch is clear.
- Add the noodles and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
no offense but I thought this recipe tasted like ----- -------- noodles with soy sauce
This is a great recipe! My husband absolutely loved it and so did I. This is so easy. I did add half of a sliced bell pepper and a little cole slaw mix to it, but other than that I followed the instucions and the result was excellent!! Thanks for posting. Its a total keeper!