Recipe by Nova Scotia Cook
Ugh....as a child, I absolutely, t-totally hated liver. It wasn't until I was married that I acquired a taste for liver and onions. This is another recipe of my mom's. It is a bit different, but has a nice flavor and even liver-haters will enjoy it. Goes well with steamed rice and carrots.
- 1 lb beef liver
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup beef consomme
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut liver into 2 inch long strips & 1/2 inch thick.
- Pat dry on paper towels.
- Mix together flour, paprika, salt, pepper& thyme.
- Roll liver strips in flour mixture.
- In large frying pan, melt butter with oil, add liver and saute for about 3 minutes or until well browned.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- To fat in pan, add onions and cook for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Return liver to pan, pour in consomme and cover.
- Simmer about 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, blend in sour cream and heat through.