Recipe by Baby Chevelle
I found this recipe in a Betty Crocker cookbook over 25 years ago, when I didn't really like liver. I loved this, and changed my mind.
- 1 lb beef liver, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut liver into serving pieces.
- Place flour,garlic salt, paprika and pepper in plastic or paper bag.
- Shake liver in bag until well coated.
- Melt shortening in 10-in. skillet. Add liver and brown quickly on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Remove meat to platter;keep warm while preparing Piquant Sauce.
- Piquant Sauce.
- 1 medium onion, sliced.
- 1 tablespoon shortening.
- 2/3 cup water.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce.
- In same skillet, cook and stir onion in shortening until onion is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Blend remaining ingredients;pour into skillet.
- Cook,stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Add liver to sauce and heat through.