Recipe by Aperson22
From a blog called Mediterranean Turkish Cook. I took out 1TBSP olive oil because olive oil isn't supposed to be heated at high temps,just added to food from bottle. I don't actually know amount of servings and cook time but recipe can't be submitted until I add.
Top Review by Susie D
This recipes falls into the "I'm glad I tried it, but..." category. It was interesting, but none of the family felt it was a home run. I did substitute tomato paste as the small amount of sauce baffled me. I also used canola oil instead of lard. The recipe did catch my eye so I hope you continue posting recipes.
- 1⁄2 lb beef liver (diced)
- 1⁄2 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 long green pepper (diced)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil or 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄3 cup filtered water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions garlic,until onions are transparent in a small pot with oil. Add diced liver. Sauté until liver cooked. Add green peppers and tomatoes,keep sautéing for few minutes more. Add water,salt,cumin,black pepper and tomato sauce. Close lid,cook 15-20 minutes medium heat. Just before removing from heat,add fresh chopped parsley.
- Enjoy warm.