Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup flour (for flouring liver)
- 4 -5 slices liver
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Coat liver in flour and sear in a skillet with oil, browning on both sides quickly.
- Add onion soup mix and enough water to cover liver and cook until tender.
- Remove liver from pan and make gravy, return liver to pan to coat with gravy.
- Serve with boiled potatoes This is the only way my children would eat liver!
My husband raved about this -- he loves liver and onions and said this turned out as tender as anything. In fact, I had to buy more liver because he wants again this week!
I have not made liver & onions in years. So long ago, in fact, I had to check this site for a recipe. I made this tonight with minor changes. I browned 2 Vadalia onions in margarine first with vadalia onion seasoning salt. Then I set those aside, and floured my liver slices in the salt & pepper flour and seared them for about 3 minutes on each side. Took them out of the pan and added the onions back, and the onion soup. I added about 2 cups of water to the mixture and let it simmer for a few minutes. I made a roux with some of the left over flour and water and when the onion mixture was boiling, I added that to thicken it up. You may have to add a little more water depending on how thick you like your gravy. I added the liver back in and let it simmer for a few minutes to warm the liver back through. I will definitely make this again.
I don't like liver but decided to try your recipe since I found a pkg. of liver in the freezer. This is very good, I think it's the gravy that sold me. Thanks for the recipe, I will be making this again...The only addition I made was to slice a med. sized onion that I sauteed before adding the liver to the pan.