Top Review by Gerry sans Sanddunes
As there are so few interesting things to do with liver, this recipe is a splendid discovery. Personal "gilding" involved cutting the liver into 1-inch squares before frying, and blending-in a cup of sour-creme after adding the mustard. We'll eat this again at our house.
- red cayenne pepper, Ground
- 4 slices liver (1/2 - 3/4-inchthick)
- oleo (margarine)
- 1 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard or 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper liver.
- Saute over medium to high heat in the margarine (oleo).
- Remove liver and keep warm.
- Pour off some of melted oleo.
- In what is left, saute shallots until clear or tender.
- Add white wine.
- Bring to boil.
- Add mustard and blend into mixture.
- Stir and simmer for a few minutes.
- Put liver on platter and pour sauce over it.