1/1 Photo of Beef Liver Chinese Style
Gerry sans Sanddunes's Note:
From the HARROWSMITH COOKBOOK with thanks to a Ms. C. Suche of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, who suggests serving this unusual and tasty liver-dish on a bed of stir-fried beansprouts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn
- 1 lb beef liver, sliced into 1 inch squares or thin strips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 -3 onions, quartered
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1Combine soy, honey, sugar, vinegar, ginger, garlic and peppercorns.
- 2Pour over liver and let sit and for at least 2 hours (but preferably overnight), stirring occasionally.
- 3Remove liver from marinade, shaking off the peppercorns.
- 4Strain marinade and dispose of solids.
- 5Combine strained marinade with cornstarch and stock and then set aside.
- 6Heat oil and saute onions and mushrooms until limp.
- 7Add onions and mushrooms to marinade.
- 8Saute liver until lightly coloured.
- 9Pour marinade-onion mixture into pan and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Liver Chinese Style
Serving Size: 1 (1136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1389.9
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 2201.7 mg
- Sodium 2159.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 171.8 g