1/2 Photos of Beef Liver and Onions
I know that a lot of people don't care for liver and I have to admit we go through spurts on having it. But when we do, this is our favorite recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat liver with flour; set aside.
- 2Brown bacon; drain on paper towels.
- 3Brown onions in drippings.
- 4Brown liver quickly in same skillet, about 1 minute on each side.
- 5Drain fat.
- 6Combine broth, water, liver, pepper and tarragon.
- 7Cover and simmer 20 minutes until liver is fork tender.
- 8Uncover; top with bacon.
- 9Simmer uncovered 5 to 10 minutes until sauce is consistency of gravy.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Liver and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (678 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 480.8 mg
- Sodium 332.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 37.9 g