Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I know that a lot of people don't care for liver and I have to admit we go through spurts on having it. But when we do, this is our favorite recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs liver
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 slices bacon, halved
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon tarragon
- Coat liver with flour; set aside.
- Brown bacon; drain on paper towels.
- Brown onions in drippings.
- Brown liver quickly in same skillet, about 1 minute on each side.
- Drain fat.
- Combine broth, water, liver, pepper and tarragon.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes until liver is fork tender.
- Uncover; top with bacon.
- Simmer uncovered 5 to 10 minutes until sauce is consistency of gravy.
WOW!! This was so good. I don't know how you did it, but they tasted just like what my grandma used to fix. I did have to add more fat to the liver while it was frying. My bacon didn't make enough. Thanks so much for posting. I now have a new liver & onion recipe. Made for Photo Tag.
Tried the recipe today. My wife did not like liver but she really liked this recipe. We will make this again.