- 1 lb freshly minced beef
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped boiled potatoes
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pickled beets or 3 tablespoons boiled beetroots
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 tablespoon capers
- salt, white pepper
- butter (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients and make four nicely shaped, high burgers.
- Fry them at once in lots of butter (they should not be made in advance).
- They should be medium rare inside.
- Serve the beefs with the butter they fried in and fried potatoes, or on a toast.
- You can also put a fried egg on top.