Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great Japanese appetizer!
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- Blend soy sauce, green onions, sugar, oil, cornstarch, garlic and ginger in small saucepan.
- Simmer, sitrring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute; cool.
- Cover and set aside.
- Slice beef into 1/8-inch-thick strips about 4 inches long and 1 inch wide.
- Thread onto skewers keeping meat as flat as possible.
- Brush both sides with sauce.
- Place skewers on rack of broiler pan or on grill and cook to desired degree of doneness.