1 hr 10 mins
Lady Di Shea's Note:
For the Stuffed pepper lovers. Cheesy delisious and sweet. a recipe you'll want to make often!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 red peppers
- 2 cups cooked red kidney beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 6 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Saute onions in butter or margarine until tender.
- 3Add well drained beans, tomato sauce, rice, oregano, and salt and blend together well Stuff halved, cleaned peppers with mixture.
- 4Place on well oiled cookie sheet or shallow baking dish.
- 5cover and bake for 50 minutes until peppers are tender.
- 6Top each pepper with grated cheese.
- 7Bake about 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef & Kidney Bean Stuffed Red Bell Peppers Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.0
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.7 mg
- Sodium 622.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 23.6 g