Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
From Family Fun
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 small head green cabbage, outer leaves removed
- 1 bunch green onion
- 4 fresh pineapple rings
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil, plus more for brushing
- Marinate the beef in 1/2 cup of the teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes. At, the same time, soak skewers in water (at least 30 minutes). Heat grill to medium-high, and oil the grates.
- Thread the beef onto skewers. Cut the cabbage in half and remove the core, then cut the halves into quarters. Brush canola oil on the cut sides of the cabbage, the white parts of the onions, and the pineapple slices. Then brush the oil onto the skewered beef.
- Grill the beef for 2 minutes per side, turning once, or until cooked to your liking. Grill the cabbage, onions, and pineapple rings for 2 to 3 minutes or until you have visible grill marks, turning them once with tongs.
- Chop the onions (including some of the green), the pineapple, and the cabbage and combine them in a large serving bowl. Whisk the remaining 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce with the 1/4 cup of canola oil, pour it over the slaw and toss it all to blend.