Recipe by littleturtle
Marinated steak and mushrooms with green peppers. Meat & mushrooms can be wrapped and frozen for later use.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
I made this as the recipe required - marinating the meat AFTER broiling. I didn't like it as a kebab. The meat was unappealingly squishy, although it did taste good. What I did to make the recipe more appealing to the family was to then thinly slice the steak across the grain and use it in a salad. I think marinating before broiling is the way to go.
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sirloin steaks, cut 1 thick
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar mushrooms, drained (whole mushrooms)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Place steak on unheated rack in broiler pan.
- Broil about 3" from heat for 8 minutes, turning once.
- Let cool slightly.
- Cut meat into twelve equal sized pieces (about 1-inch cubes), trimming off all visible fat.
- Place steak and mushrooms in a plastic bag; set in a shallow dish.
- Combine wine, oil, vinegar, sugar, parsley, garlic, salt, rosemary, and pepper; pour mixture over meat and mushrooms.
- Close bag and marinate 5 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain meat & mushrooms, discarding marinade.
- To assemble skewer meat, mushrooms, and pieces of green pepper alternately onto metal skewers.
- Broil about 3" from heat until meat is medium rare (8-10 minutes).