Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this once while some friends were over, for a snack and it was a big hit, we were all wishing I made more. It is a recipe out of Readers Digest.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (7 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed or 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and 3 garlic cloves, sauté and stir for 2-3 minutes until onion is tender.
- Add peppers, wine, tomato paste and thyme, stir.
- Combine broth and cornstarch in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Stir into pepper mixture and bring to a soft boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Cut beef into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine ground pepper, salt, paprika and garlic cloves in a bowl.
- Add beef and toss to coat.
- Thread beef onto six 12-inch skewers leaving small spaces between pieces.
- Place kabobs on a rack so beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat.
- Broil 9-11 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness.
- Serve with dipping sauce.