Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These can be used as appetizers, or a main dish. They are simple to make. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 10 minutes to prevent burning.
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can apricot halves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium mushroom, cut in half
- 4 -8 skewers
- Drain apricot syrup into small pan. Blend in cornstarch until dissolved. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in mustard and basil, set aside.
- Thread meat, apricots, green peppers, and mushrooms alternately onto skewers; brush with apricot syrup.
- Grill kabobs over hot coals or broil, about 5 minutes on each side, until desired doneness, brushing occasionally with the syrup.
I always seem to substitute with what I have on hand, but this great recipe formed the basis. I used Vanilla Peach Syrup minus the vanilla instead of the apricot syrup. Then I substituted fresh peaches for the apricots. Both adults and kids enjoyed the kabobs. Thanks for sharing.