Recipe by Manami
This is a wonderful meal! It is also easy & quick, it can be prepared in less than 30 minutes, as well. Make a nice green vegetable or salad and some warm bread or raolls and you are set.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
First let me say the orzo was really delicious. But the kabobs I am not sure what to say. Maybe there is a error from the changeover...because I just didn't think 1 TBS dressing for a whole pound of meat really wasn't very much. So I had poured a whole bunch more and some salt and pepper. I know the steak I used was pretty tough but that had nothing to do with the recipe..sometimes I buy steak and it is good and other times it is tough. From now on I am only going to buy fillet mignon and cut them into pieces. I just didn't find this kabob really had much flavor though....Was there something missing out of the recipe Manami? Because all your other recipes I have tried are absolutely delicious...
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian dressing
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 8-inch skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Cut beef steak into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine 1 Tablespoon basil, dressing and garlic in large bowl.
- Add beef, onions, & bell peppers; toss to coat.
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain.
- Toss with basil, cheese and oil; keep warm.
- Alternately thread beef, onions and peppers evenly onto bamboo skewers.
- Place on grid over medium ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 8-10 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Serve on orzo.