Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
My sister-in-law served these to me for the first time and it quickly joined my own recipe file. My whole family loves them.
- 40 ounces pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup catsup
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 3 lbs round tip roast, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushroom cap
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 -6 red potatoes, boiled and cubed
- Drain pineapple saving juice.
- Combine juice and next 6 ingredients, mix well.
- Pour in large shallow dish.
- Add meat, cover and marinate in refrigerator over night.
- Drain meat, retaining marinade.
- Bring marinade to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add mushrooms, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain, saving marinade.
- Alternate meat, pineapple, mushrooms, onions, green peppers and potatoes as desired on skewers.
- Grill over medium coals 10-15 minutes, basting frequently with marinade and/or BBQ sauce.
Great kabobs. I didn't use the pineapples and used pork for the meat. Quick easy and so tasty.
Love these! The marinade is fabulous! I made extra and used it to marinate babyback ribs. Thanks!
We enjoyed this recipe at our backyard BBQ today. I just made the meat part of the recipe. The marinade was very easy and the meat grilled up flavorful and tender. Thanks for posting!