Prep 8 hrs
Cook 30 mins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 lbs beef, cubed
- 30 whole mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in pieces
- 6 small onions, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow squash
- Combine ingredients and mix well.
- Add 2 pounds lean chuck, round or sirloin, having been cut in 1 inch cubes, to the marinade.
- Place in refrigerator and let stand overnight or allow beef to marinate at room temperature for 3-4 hours. Be sure beef is covered with marinade.
- Fill skewers, alternating beef cubes with mushrooms and vegetables.
- Cook over hot coals, brushing kabobs with melted butter from time to time. Turn often until meat reaches desired doneness. (Medium rare is suggested.) Serves 6.