Top Review by MIKE.WALLER
I tried this recipe yesterday and it is great. I put 2 lbs of flank steak in forced air dehydrator for 7 hrs and it came out perfect. I only let it marinate for approx 4 hrs, next time I'll let it soak overnight. The whole family likes it, so I will be using this one again. Thanks
- 1 lb boneless round steak or 1 lb flank steak
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (more pepper for hotter jerky)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove fat from meat and place [meat] in freezer.
- When semi-frozen, it is easily cut into 3/8- or 1/4-inch strips (the thinner the slices, the faster the drying). Note: meat cut with grain will be chewy, against grain, tender.
- Combine everything in large bowl.
- Marinate meat 1 hour with sauce in refrigerator, then drain in colander.
- Place meat on cookie sheets to dry.
- For fastest drying do not overlap meat and turn at least once during drying.
- Dry in 145-degree oven [I use 155 degrees - Tom] for 8 to 10 hours on cookie sheets.
- It is ready when it bends like a green willow without breaking.
- Refrigerate for long-term storage.