Recipe by warramungas
I found this recipe elsewhere. I love my beef jerky but could not find any good recipes for any. I found this somewhere years ago and have been using it ever since. you can adjust the recipe up and down or add other herbs easily.
Top Review by Cazannem
I made this recipe last weekend. I used only 1/3 cup malt vinegar with the rest of the ingredients as stated. I brushed the vinegar onto the meat to get an even spread. Turned out so great I tripled the recipe and made a huge batch to give away. Will definitely be making this again!
- 3 lbs little to no fat beef or 3 lbs game
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper, coarsley ground
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, coarsley ground
- 1⁄4 cup normal table salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the Pepper, coriander, salt and brown sugar together thoroughly.
- Slice the meat into 1 cm thick slices about an inch wide.
- Place a layer of meat in a plastic container and sprinkle lightly with the vinegar.
- Sprinkle the spices over the top of the meat without completely drowning it.
- Place another layer of meat on top of the first and repeat the vinegar and spices steps until all the meat is used up.
- Leave in the fridge for 3 hours
- Remove and mix it all up thoroughly so that all the spices are evenly spread through the meat.
- Drain any excess fluids from the container and return to the fridge for a further three hours. The longer it stays in the fridge the stronger the spice flavours become.
- Remove and place in your dehydrator until dried to your satisfaction. (12 to 24 hours in my dehydrator).
- Eat and enjoy.