1/1 Photo of Beef Jerky Biltong Flavouring
24 hrs 30 mins
I found this recipe elsewhere. I love my beef jerky but could not find any good recipes for any. I found this somewhere years ago and have been using it ever since. you can adjust the recipe up and down or add other herbs easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the Pepper, coriander, salt and brown sugar together thoroughly.
- 2Slice the meat into 1 cm thick slices about an inch wide.
- 3Place a layer of meat in a plastic container and sprinkle lightly with the vinegar.
- 4Sprinkle the spices over the top of the meat without completely drowning it.
- 5Place another layer of meat on top of the first and repeat the vinegar and spices steps until all the meat is used up.
- 6Leave in the fridge for 3 hours
- 7Remove and mix it all up thoroughly so that all the spices are evenly spread through the meat.
- 8Drain any excess fluids from the container and return to the fridge for a further three hours. The longer it stays in the fridge the stronger the spice flavours become.
- 9Remove and place in your dehydrator until dried to your satisfaction. (12 to 24 hours in my dehydrator).
- 10Eat and enjoy.
Browse Our Top African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Jerky Biltong Flavouring
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1583.3
- Calories from Fat 1449
- Total Fat 161.0 g
- Saturated Fat 66.9 g
- Cholesterol 224.7 mg
- Sodium 4784.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 19.1 g