Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from a recipe chat board. This recipe came from a local paper many years ago.
- 2 lbs trimmed lean beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Trim any fat from meat. Chill meat in freezer about an hour. Slice across the grain about 1/4 inch thick. Mix marinade ingredients together in large, non-reactive bowl. Add meat and stir to coat. Refrigerate for 12 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Set dehydrator at 125 degrees F. Drain beef and place in single layer on dryer trays. Takes from 8 to 10 hours. In some dehydrators, the shelves should be rotated every few hours. If any fat accumulates on surface of meat, wipe off with paper towels. Jerky should be dry but flexible when bent.
- Cool thoroughly and store in airtight containers (I store it in the refrigerator.).