Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Great for camping or just for snacking.
Make and share this Beef Jerky recipe from Food.com.
- Trim all visible fat from meat. Partially freeze. Slice with the grain 1/8 to 1/4 inches wide and 4 to 12 inches long.
- Combine all remaining ingredients. Mix with beef strips. Place in a glass dish; cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Lay beef strips in single layers on oven racks with cookie sheets below.
- Bake at 140° to 150° for 10-15 hours or until they are leathery.Or use a
- commercial dehydrator, following manufacturer's directions.
- With a paper towel, blot any drops of oil from the jerky.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer. Yield: 30 servings.
Very good flavor. I had about 4 lbs, but I doubled the soy sauce, smoke, garlic and onion powders and left out the chili powder (and used 1/4 C Worc. sauce). My Nesco said to dry at 160° and I think I left it in too long (9 hours). They were really dry and harder to chew, but my kids still love it. I used tenderized round steak and chicken breast. Some people liked the chicken better even.
Great flavor! I used a dehydrator to render a london broil sliced very thin into delectable jerky. Yum. My diabetic DH found he can snack on these as they have minimal carbohydrates. Thanks PugMomma Brenda for posting!