1/2 Photos of Beef Jerky
10 hrs 20 mins
PugMomma Brenda's Note:
Great for camping or just for snacking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim all visible fat from meat. Partially freeze. Slice with the grain 1/8 to 1/4 inches wide and 4 to 12 inches long.
- 2Combine all remaining ingredients. Mix with beef strips. Place in a glass dish; cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 3Lay beef strips in single layers on oven racks with cookie sheets below.
- 4Bake at 140° to 150° for 10-15 hours or until they are leathery.Or use a
- 5commercial dehydrator, following manufacturer's directions.
- 6With a paper towel, blot any drops of oil from the jerky.
- 7Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer. Yield: 30 servings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Jerky
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.0
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 48.9 mg
- Sodium 244.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 16.9 g