Recipe by Tish
You can use an oven or dehydrater. Use the measurements as a guide, but adjust to your taste.
Top Review by EdsGirlAngie
Thumbs up from the jerky junkie (that would be the boyfriend...)! The seasonings don't overpower the flavor of the meat; we used Tabasco's Chipotle flavored sauce for some smoke flavor and threw in a little Liquid Smoke for good measure - very nice seasoning blend! Thanks, Tish, for suggesting your recipe to me!
- 1 lb beef eye round
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, ground black pepper and brown sugar to taste.
- Adjust the amounts to your taste.
- Mix well and add the steak slices.
- Place entire mixture with meat into a sealed plastic container and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- If doing in the oven, place one oven rack on the highest rack setting and one rack on the lowest setting.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil OR a baking sheet on the lowest rack, to catch any drippings.
- (If doing in your dehydrater, follow your manufactures instructions).
- Preheat oven to 160F degrees.
- Insert a wooden toothpick through the end of each slice of meat, and suspend each slice from the top rack in the oven, using the toothpick as a support for the slice.
- Bake at 160 degrees F (with the oven door propped open to allow moisture to escape).
- Bake for 6 to 8 hours depending on thickness of slices.
- Jerky should bend, and not snap.