You can use an oven or dehydrater. Use the measurements as a guide, but adjust to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, ground black pepper and brown sugar to taste.
- 2Adjust the amounts to your taste.
- 3Mix well and add the steak slices.
- 4Place entire mixture with meat into a sealed plastic container and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- 5If doing in the oven, place one oven rack on the highest rack setting and one rack on the lowest setting.
- 6Place a piece of aluminum foil OR a baking sheet on the lowest rack, to catch any drippings.
- 7(If doing in your dehydrater, follow your manufactures instructions).
- 8Preheat oven to 160F degrees.
- 9Insert a wooden toothpick through the end of each slice of meat, and suspend each slice from the top rack in the oven, using the toothpick as a support for the slice.
- 10Bake at 160 degrees F (with the oven door propped open to allow moisture to escape).
- 11Bake for 6 to 8 hours depending on thickness of slices.
- 12Jerky should bend, and not snap.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Jerky
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.2
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.2 mg
- Sodium 1097.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 26.5 g