Recipe by LaJoy
Somewhat spicy jerky that you can adjust by adding more or less spices and cut as thin or as thick as you like
- 2 lbs beef brisket
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curing salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut brisket into thin strips (it is easier to do this if the meat is slightly frozen).
- Mix together all of the spices and liquid seasonings.
- Place the meat and the marinade into a gallon size zip top bag.
- Allow to marinate for two to three days.
- Remove meat from marinade and rinse with water.
- Place meat into dehydrator and dehydrate the meat until dry.
- Each dehydrator is a little different so you will need to follow your machines directions regarding time.
- Preperation time does not include the time to marinate or dehydrate.