Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 hrs
Makes great beef jerky! Great to take on trips, camping, hunting,...
Make and share this Beef Jerky recipe from Food.com.
- 10 lbs boneless beef rump roast (or wild game of your choice)
- 1 quart soy sauce
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup liquid smoke, mesquite
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Thin slice the 10# of boneless rump roast or have the butcher do it for you.
- Be sure and cut away all fat.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- Take all remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Pour over meat.
- Marinate for a 3 to 24 hours.
- The longer the better.
- After meat has marinated, preheat oven to 185°F.
- Place meat in a foil pan, cookie sheet or the oven rack covered in foil.
- If you desire hot beef jerky add black pepper, Crushed red peppers, jalapeno powder, cayenne powder, or any other hot powder (s) you can think of.
- Cook until completely dry.
- Time depends on thickness of meat.
Excellent recipe. Rave reviews from our hunting crew. Thank you for sharing it.
This is GREAT JERKY! The first time out of the gate I almost followed the recipe. I prefer jerky made of top round, I believe the less trimming involved, I thin'. Other than that I went straight down the line. I used wheat free soy sauce and Ice Harbor Brewing's Nut Brown Ale. I did cut the red chilies back to 1 tablespoon at a friend's request. THIS IS GREAT JERKY! The only change I've made in later batches is to not use the white sugar. Other than that its written on the page. Did I mention that THIS IS GREAT JERKY! Thanx for posting this great recipe. Pierre