Makes great beef jerky! Great to take on trips, camping, hunting,...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 lbs boneless beef rump roast (or wild game of your choice)
- 1 quart soy sauce
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke, mesquite
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1Thin slice the 10# of boneless rump roast or have the butcher do it for you.
- 2Be sure and cut away all fat.
- 3Set aside in a bowl.
- 4Take all remaining ingredients and mix together.
- 5Pour over meat.
- 6Marinate for a 3 to 24 hours.
- 7The longer the better.
- 8After meat has marinated, preheat oven to 185°F.
- 9Place meat in a foil pan, cookie sheet or the oven rack covered in foil.
- 10If you desire hot beef jerky add black pepper, Crushed red peppers, jalapeno powder, cayenne powder, or any other hot powder (s) you can think of.
- 11Cook until completely dry.
- 12Time depends on thickness of meat.
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Jerky
Serving Size: 1 (1673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1057.6
- Calories from Fat 524
- Total Fat 58.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 285.7 mg
- Sodium 6750.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 105.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef rump roast