2 hrs 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Select a 1/2 inch thick flank or top round steak. Trim away all fat then partially freeze until firm.
- 2Slice across the grain into 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide strips.
- 3Place meat strips in a shallow dish or heavy plastic bag.
- 4Add soy or teriyaki sauce to cover meat.
- 5If desired, onion or garlic powder or Worcestershire sauce may be added.
- 6Toss to coat each piece.
- 7Cover and refrigerate several hours or over night.
- 8Lift meat from marinade, drain will then air dry for a couple of hours.
- 9Arrange meat strips in single layer on fine wire screen or cake cooling rack.
- 10Place in low temperature oven (175 to 200 degrees) or slowly smoke-cook in smoker until meat is completely dried.
- 11Store in air-tight container.
- 12Serve as a snack or appetizer.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Jerky #1
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 37.4
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 12.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.8 g