Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Select a 1/2 inch thick flank or top round steak. Trim away all fat then partially freeze until firm.
- Slice across the grain into 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Place meat strips in a shallow dish or heavy plastic bag.
- Add soy or teriyaki sauce to cover meat.
- If desired, onion or garlic powder or Worcestershire sauce may be added.
- Toss to coat each piece.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or over night.
- Lift meat from marinade, drain will then air dry for a couple of hours.
- Arrange meat strips in single layer on fine wire screen or cake cooling rack.
- Place in low temperature oven (175 to 200 degrees) or slowly smoke-cook in smoker until meat is completely dried.
- Store in air-tight container.
- Serve as a snack or appetizer.