Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 37 mins
An easy, flavorful supper.
Make and share this Beef in Tomato-Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes with juice, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup long-grain white rice (cooked and seasoned according to package directions)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- On a piece of waxed paper or in a shallow pan, combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add the beef cubes; toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add in beef, onion, and garlic; saute about 6-7 minutes or until the meat is lightly browned and onions are tender.
- Stir in paprika.
- Add in tomates w/ juice and wine; stir until blended.
- Bake, covered, about 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add parsley to cooked rice; stir to mix.
- To serve, place rice on plate; top with beef and sauce.