2 hrs 7 mins
1 hr 37 mins
An easy, flavorful supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes with juice, cut up
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup long-grain white rice (cooked and seasoned according to package directions)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2On a piece of waxed paper or in a shallow pan, combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
- 3Add the beef cubes; toss to coat.
- 4Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- 5Add in beef, onion, and garlic; saute about 6-7 minutes or until the meat is lightly browned and onions are tender.
- 6Stir in paprika.
- 7Add in tomates w/ juice and wine; stir until blended.
- 8Bake, covered, about 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 9Add parsley to cooked rice; stir to mix.
- 10To serve, place rice on plate; top with beef and sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef in Tomato-Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.0
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 129.2 mg
- Sodium 862.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 58.0 g