- 2 1⁄4 lbs sirloin, sliced into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons finely diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch oven or kettle, sauté the beef in the butter and oil. Add the vegetables and continue to cook until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour, reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, broth, tomato paste and seasonings. Simmer for 50 minutes covered.
- Serve over noodles.