Recipe by Sherri L.
This recipe came from the Busy Mom's Slowcooker Cookbook. I modified it by adding salt, but otherwise it is exactly as the cookbook. I love using my slowcooker for healthy meals. It helps me eat healthier. If you are on Weight Watchers, this is 6 points per serving.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, lean cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine
- 12 ounces whole wheat egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray or use the slow cooker liners (these are great).
- Place stew meat in slow cooker; sprinkle with onions, bouillon granules, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Pour red wine over beef; cover and cook on low heat for 10 - 12 hours or high heat for 5 - 6 hours.
- Serve over cooked noodles.