Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good one pot recipe. It was a rich sauce and a wonderful flavour yet it is incredibly quick to make.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb steak, diced
- 3 onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 glasses red wine
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- Heat athe oil in a pan.
- Fry steak for 2 mins until brown.
- Remove steak to a plate then throw the onions and garlic and oregano into the pan. Fry for 5 minutes until starting to turn golden.
- Tip the wine and tomatoes into the pan, then simmer for 10 mins until thickened and rich. Return the meat to the pan with any juices, then simmer for a few minutes to reheat.
- I like to serve this with a herb mash or rice.
I guess my palate is way off. I found this recipe easy yes but lacking. Too many onions to start. And I like onions. It smelled good cooking but it was watered over cooked meat and onions. No depth of flavor. I tasted the great wine. Felt it was waisted on this dish.
Tastes fresh and rich at the same time. I found it helpful to wear an apron while cooking this, because many of the ingredients are prone to spatter and stain.
This was incredibly easy to make. Very tasty. I served it with mashed potatoes and crusty bread. It was a quick dish to make, very few ingredients. Definetly a keeper. Thank you for sharing. Since this was a quick meal and easy to do, i know it will become a regular on my menu.