Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I adapted this from a recipe on the back of a Continental Hearty Beef Simmer Soup pack. We enjoyed it as a savoury, warming meal on a Queensland winter night (which can be surprisingly chilly!) Just be aware that this recipe seems to soak up liquid, so although the original recipe calls for only 1 cup red wine, you might want to add more water towards the end of cooking - depends on your taste.
- 750 g beef, cubed
- 65 g dried beef soup mix
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- frozen vegetables, of choice
- Place beef in crockpot.
- Combine soup mix, wine/water and mustard.
- Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook for 6 - 8 hours or until tender, adding frozen vegetables 1 hour before cooking is complete.
- Add sufficient water (if required) to achieve desired consistency approximately 1 hour before dish is cooked.
This was excellent.To serve it I put a dash of hot sauce in the bowls.Will make again