Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish can be as spicy or mild as you like. Serve over white rice.
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (1 tbsp to be use later)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depends on how spicy you like it)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks, cut into strips
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2-1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- Remove 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce from the can to be used later. Then blend the ingredients for the pepper sauce (green pepper through caradamon) in a food processor until there are no chunks left. Set aside.
- Pour the oil into a pressure cooker, sprinkle the beef with salt & pepper then brown over medium heat. Once brown add the water, reserve tomato sauce, paprika & cumin. Seal with the lid & cook for 10 minutes (after it begins to hiss). Note: If using a regular pot you should cook the beef for 30 minutes.
- Once the beef is done cooking pour it & the any sauce into a regular pot. Add the pepper mixture, sliced onions & green peppers, cover with a lid & simmer over medium-low heat for another 30 minutes. It is done once the vegetables are tender.
Easy and delicious! Thank you for posting!! Will definitely be making this again.
We loved this dish. Great dish made in the pressure cooker & it had a nice unique flavour. Added chopped jalapeno in place of some of the peppers & sub'd essence spice for the cayenne. Also reduced the cardamom abit. There was lots of sauce so I drained some to use to cook the rice for flavour. Tasty recipe, thanks for sharing.
we love this. our 9yr old said it was a bit spicy, but she kept eating it. we will be making this again. thank you.