Recipe by Ppaperdoll
I make this for my in laws whenever they come to stay. Perhaps it will suit your own finicky relatives! Serve with mashed or boiled potatoes, and pickled beets if you have them.
Top Review by Momma Emi
This is sooo good!!! I made this for my husband as he is a Guinness lover. I didn't think I would like it, but it was awesome. Even my one year old loved it! The Guinness makes a great gravy. I served this over garlic mashed potatoes.
- 700 g braising steak, trimmed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thickly sliced
- 4 medium carrots, thickly sliced
- 300 ml Guinness stout (you can drink the rest!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season flour with salt and pepper in shallow bowl or pan.
- Coat beef pieces with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in saucepan and fry meat and onions until lightly browned (about 4 or 5 minutes).
- Add carrots to pan.
- Pour in Guinness, and season to taste.
- Bring to boil, then cover and simmer 1 hour 30 minutes or until meat is tender and gravy is thick and rich.